Your lifestyle investment starts with Life Rights at Oasis Life
Life rights is the most popular ownership type for retirees worldwide. But what is so appealing about it? Life rights at Oasis Life is an investment in a worry-free retirement lifestyle.
- You enjoy financial advantages and predictable costs such as saving on upfront fees and never having to face special levies. (For the full list of benefits, scroll down this page).
- Your home is secure. You have a home for life and are protected by the Retired Persons Act.
- Your investment is secure. If you ever want to relocate, you may terminate your life right, but it is not transferable to another person. On termination of your life right, it will be sold by Oasis Life to another buyer and 100% of the original purchase price will be paid to you or your estate, minus agents’ fees (which is about 5%).
- Your independence and autonomy is assured as we take care of it all!
- You can love your retirement. With professional management by our management team, we take care of all day-to-day aspects of the village, such as security, hospitality, maintenance, and gardening. We work together to deliver retirement living at its easiest and its best.
- You have everything at your fingertips. At the core of our Oasis Life retirement estates are our beautiful lifestyle centres (clubhouses). Here you can enjoy the restaurant, utilise the gym, swimming pool, library, media centre and get primary medical care. No need to rush around from pillar to post.
- You are part of a community. You can decide how active you want to be when it comes to connecting with your new community. The great benefit of living in an Oasis Life village is that you have like-minded people nearby with whom you can share activities, meals and conversations.
Most retirees today look at selling their family home and downsizing to more manageable and secure accommodation for their retirement. The first decision is whether to simply buy a smaller home with better security or whether to look at living in a retirement community. The next choice is the kind of ownership that different retirement developments offer, typically between sectional title or life right tenure.
We believe that there is no absolute answer as to which is the better option because it involves so many different family and financial circumstances. However, we also believe that for the majority of South African middle-income retirees, Life rights at Oasis Life has significant benefits to offer, most notably because acquiring a Life Right guarantees you security of tenure for the rest of your life.
It is primarily for this reason that the Life Right model is regarded to be the most progressive and leading form of retirement ownership worldwide. Although it is comparatively new, it is now the most popular model in the USA, Australia and New Zealand, where it is referred to as a ‘right of occupation’.